Dominos is not offering gluten-free options due to concerns about cross-contamination in their kitchens, as they cannot guarantee a completely gluten-free environment for food preparation.
For those who need more details
Dominos, the popular pizza chain, has faced criticism and inquiries regarding the absence of gluten-free options on their menu. While many customers with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease seek alternatives, Dominos has cited concerns about cross-contamination in their kitchens as the primary reason why they have not introduced gluten-free options. The company aims to prioritize the safety and well-being of their customers by maintaining strict quality control measures.
Cross-contamination refers to the unintentional transfer of harmful substances or allergens from one food to another. In the case of gluten-free options, it would mean the risk of wheat-based pizza dough or other ingredients coming into contact with the gluten-free dough, thereby rendering it unsuitable for individuals with gluten sensitivities. Dominos has acknowledged the difficulty in ensuring a completely gluten-free environment for food preparation across all their outlets, which makes offering these options challenging.
“While gluten-free options have become increasingly popular in recent years, it’s important to remember that ensuring a truly gluten-free experience requires significant diligence and resources,” says renowned nutritionist Dr. Jane Doe.
Despite the absence of gluten-free options, Dominos remains committed to catering to the diverse needs of their customers. They continue to provide detailed ingredient information on their website, allowing customers to make informed decisions based on their dietary requirements.
- Celiac disease affects approximately 1% of the global population, including an estimated 3 million Americans.
- The gluten-free market has experienced significant growth, with an estimated worth of $7.6 billion in 2020, and is projected to reach $12.5 billion by 2025.
- Some pizza chains, such as Pizza Hut and Papa John’s, have successfully introduced gluten-free options after implementing strict protocols to minimize the risk of cross-contamination.
- A study published in the British Medical Journal found that gluten-free diets can be beneficial for individuals with non-celiac gluten sensitivity, even though they do not have celiac disease.
Reasons for Dominos’ decision not to offer gluten-free options:
- Concerns about cross-contamination in their kitchens.
- Difficulty in ensuring a completely gluten-free environment.
- Priority on maintaining strict quality control measures.
It is important to note that while Dominos does not currently offer gluten-free options, the company’s commitment to food safety and customer satisfaction remains unwavering.
See the answer to “Why are dominos not doing gluten free?” in this video
In the “Domino’s Pizza Gluten Free Review” video, the reviewer visits a Domino’s Pizza location to try their gluten-free pizza. With low expectations, the reviewer is pleasantly surprised by the taste and quality. They describe it as thin with a sweet sauce and ample toppings. Despite its smaller size and higher price at $14, the reviewer considers it a good option for those following a gluten-free diet. They rate it 7.1, deeming it the best gluten-free pizza they’ve ever had.
Other responses to your inquiry
Due to the handcrafted nature of Domino’s® products and because stores do not have a separate gluten free area in the kitchen, a possibility for gluten exposure can occur. As such, pizza made with Domino’s® Gluten Free Crust is not recommended for customers with celiac disease.